A: Maybe (Yes)
Q: Can I get that nice new 500 dollar bike for my birthday?
A: Maybe (No)
Q: How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
A: Maybe (Nonsense)
2.is always no
3. is a word that always keeps you guessing yes or no bu the answer is no so don’t even think its yes
Girl: Well… I’ll have to see…maybe.
Me: Well here’s my number and when you are done being full of your self give me a call.
Guy: Maybe = Maybe.
Girl: Maybe (NO)
Girl: You wanna see a play at the theater?
Guy: Maybe (thinking there might be a chance for sex, but unsure if seeing a play is worth it)
You can go with them … maybe.
He/She’ll come home … maybe.
2. To keep someone’s hopes up. Often used when speaking about goals that lie in the future.
3. Used with an explanation, which decides wether it’ll be a “Yes” or a “No”.
2. Son: “Dad, will I ever grow up to be big and strong like you?”
3. John: “Dude, would you ever sleep with her?”
Luke: “Maybe, if I was smashed enough and thought she looked like Jessica Alba.”