2. A highly complicated system which is used to classify people, usually high school students; in an attempt to organize them by how they are ‘supposed’ to be, determined by what music they listen to, what they wear, and in some cases their income. Comparable to the caste system of ancient India.
3. An attempt to classify every band by their ‘style’
2. Oh yeah, she’s an emo-goth for sure. You can tell by her Converse and black eyeliner.
3. Oh yeah, their style can pretty much be summed up as alterna-punk/emo/goth/post-hardcore screamo/3rd wave ska revival/punk-core/pop/ska-pop
Person talking to Girl 1 a few days later:
Person- “Soo… you’re like a prep?”
Girl 1- “I don’t like labels.”
Any teenager who likes blink 182, britney spears, Avril Lavigne, Maralin Manson, Taking Back sunday, Usher, Christina Aguleria and 50 cent all at the same time should be respected for not caring what others think or say about them.
Or those words we all call each other like geek, nerd, dork, emo, jock, scene, prep, goth, punk, druggie… and so on.
Look up the words scene, emo, or goth up on this website and what do you get? either
1. Those fags that go to concerts all the time, wear makeup, no matter if you’re a boy or girl, look down on everyone, wear skinny jeans, act depressed when there is really nothing wrong with them or their life, and are not unique at all.
2. Someone who is depressed, not understood at all, hates life, wears black, sees life differently than everyone else. Wears tight shirts, very very tight shirts.
Now look up jock or prep and you get
1)A dumbass who looks down on everyone, has sex only with cheerleaders, beats everyone besides other jocks up.
2)a slut who is followed by a group of 2-4 other clones that all look the same, wears all pink all the time, has sex constantly and a IQ with 2 digits. Always blonde.
3) a person who shops at Hollister, American Eagle, Abercrombie and Fitch, and other highly expensive stores.
4) a person who wears polo’s tennis skirts or khakis. A person who gets everything because of their money. Insanely rich and flaunts it.
OR even look up geek, nerd, dork and you get
1) someone who is not very smart but enjoys playing video games, being on the internet, and avoiding the social world at all costs.
2) someone who is overly smart and made fun of in high school because of this, is normally covered in acne and very ugly.
Now do we all fit in these groups categories. Are we all called one of these by other people? yes most likely.
But what if you’re like me which could be very very very likely.
You shop at Hollister, American Eagle, and Abercrombie and Fitch. But Hot Topic also. Someone who wears polo’s and tight graphic tee’s. Someone who’s smart but plays sports and is good at them. Someone who goes to a concert most weekends? Someone who enjoys a myspace account. Who has a few selfy pics but tons with friends too. Someone who’s hair is clean but choppy. That has 5 skinny jeans in various colors and 5 flare jeans too. Someone who has a few ratty converse and some flashy heels too. Someone that gets on the internet at least once a day but hangs with friends everyday too. Someone who has acne that every teenager has, but it’s not overly hard to control. Who has friends by he labels of emo scene, goth, nerds, geeks, dorks, jocks, preps, and even druggies.
What label would you give me hmm?
because we all want to be in a label, one we like a choose. but because we all don’t fit into just one label does that make us all posers? yes yes it does.
So there you go I’m a poser and so is every single one of you.
2. (verb) The act of labelling someone, usually when the labelled doesn’t want to be labelled.
2. Don’t you label ME!! How dare you!!